Thursday 20 December 2007

Woo hoo

Last night I discovered how to change the manual settings on my compact camera, and was able to put it on a slow speed, I took a photo of the Christmas tree and came out with this.


Then I thought about drawing words and pictures with a single light (couldn't find my lil torch anywhere) so I used a match ( yes mum always told me never to play with matches as well) Firstly I drew a circle, then tried my name but only managed Lou. I really love the glowing effect and thought to myself wouldn't it be so cool if the word today on HS:MS was glow or light then I could use them...................

.........................Well guess what the word was today.............................. GLOW.


So here's the two I got last night :D.


10 comments:

Kate said...

Lou, what did you do to your compact to get slow shutter speed?

anita said...

great minds think alike :)
great photos!!!
anita
x

Bambi said...

very cool!

Aubrey Harns said...

These are so cool Louise - it looks like you had a lot of fun taking them too! Thanks for sharing!
Aubrey

Hazel said...

Wow! How clever is that!

maz said...

these are awesome! Might try it meself..

Sue said...

Mines a compact too !! There's all sorts of settings I am working through . . . not tried that one though :-)

Excellent shot. I had to move my camera to get a similar but much more random effect.

Love the other shots too . . . Excellent :-)

Off to read my camera instructions ;-)

Sue

pokettiger said...

Incredible glow photos - wow! Great job. Also looking back through your other photos. Great collection of 7 for the year. Love the kitty. Also love all the dog photos from your SOS.

All of my Todays said...

Great shots, I might just have to have a play with that too. x

SmileyCarrie said...

Incredible!!! Wow! You should do a tutorial :)